Monday, October 26, 2009

Holy Cow, has it been a month already?

No really, has it been a month already? I have, as most of you have noticed, stopped blogging. I haven't made a conscious effort to stop blogging, it's been more of a procrastination. I have become so frustrated by my lack of weight loss that I've told myself that I was going to stop blogging until the next week when I could come back and talk about the weight that I've lost. The problem is that it's now been what, three weeks later? and I've stayed at the same weight. It was frustrating after the first two weeks, because I felt like I was actually trying, but then when I failed at those two weeks, I kind of gave up. I keep telling myself that I'm going to be able to start eating better tomorrow, or I will exercise tomorrow. Well, as Jon Russell has said, Steve, you can accomplish anything at all... tomorrow. How true that is.

I have failed all of you, I apologize, I gave up because of my frustration with the lifestyle change that starting unwinding slowly and then picked up momentum. I'll go back to what I said before, I like food and I like to eat a lot of it.

I have to recommit to this and recommit now, but I don't know how to do it when my desire is only at about 1% right now. You would think that I would be more into this when I look at myself in the mirror and realize that I'm as huge as I am, I haven't learned to motivate myself well when I lack all motivation. I guess that's one of life's biggest challenges, at least for me.

Here's to recommitting, I'm going to start again, I've tried to exercise 5 times in a week. For me, right now, that's just not feasible. I am going to start with three times a week until I find that I have more time in the evenings. As for eating, I'm going to start... again... eating a light breakfast and lunch and then a sensible dinner. I'll add in some healthy snacks in between the meals so that I'm not famished when I come home, which has been a real problem for me.

Let's try this again, please be patient with me for the past and I'll see if I can't get this ball rolling again.

Thanks for all of the feedback and the support, I would not be restarting this right now if it hadn't been for you all, I love and appreciate your comments, they are making all of the difference!

Steve

Journey's starting weight: 260
Week's Starting weight: 246 Pounds
Current weight: 245 Pounds
Weight Loss last week: 1 Pound
Total weight loss: 15 pounds
% Weight Loss this last week: 0.41%
% Weight Loss total diet: 5.8%
Time jogging without stopping: N/A

Wish me luck, scold me, or comment with anything you like, I'll take it all with a stiff upper lip.

Until next week

Slim Thoughts

10 comments:

Kam said...

Hi Steve
Just thought I'd give a little shout out and encourage you to keep at it! Brian has been in the same situation... the first 15 pounds come off fast, then a big plateau that can last for weeks. But keep at it! From what Brian says (and I use his situation because I know weight loss is different for men and women), that first plateau is the roughest, then eventually if you keep holding steady with the calorie counts and exercise etc., one day you'll drop one more pound, then you start moving again. So, keep at it! Get back on the wagon! You can do it!! And you'll feel better for it.
Good luck!!
Kamber

Teresa said...

So glad your back my dear. Like I said, now that you have the internet involved you can't back out of this as easily. :)

I would love to give you my suggestions, but you don't listen to much that I have to say on this subject.

That being said...I think you need more education on the subject. Go to a couple weight watchers meetings, or read a book about healthy eating. Something that will give you more info on how to eat better. Cutting your portion size will only work for so long. At some point you have to change what you are eating. Education can open a whole new world.

Georgia P. Davis said...

I am really Proud of you and your Journey you are doing great. 15lbs is a lot to be proud of, especially when you are having to live a life and have more to focus on then just this Goal. You will make it. Don't give up or discourage yourself.

Kristin said...

Good to see you back, Bosie! Teresa's got a good point...once you put yourself out there on the internet, it's kinda hard to quit it. :) But maybe you should do a few weight watchers meetings. You'd be surprised at how much motivation you can get from there. I've now lost a total of 19.4 pounds. I still have a long way to go, but guaranteed I couldn't do it without weight watchers. It's hard to go it alone. Anyway, that's my advice. Just check out a meeting or two to see if you like it, and go from there.
Good luck with it Bose. Can't wait to see you guys at Thanksgiving!

Sue said...

Yay, Steve! I knew you'd be back! I am very impressed with your 15 lbs and anyone who has tried to lose weight is totally empathetic with you.
I tried a new thing last week that may work. I decided to eat the 5 fruits and vegetables recommended daily because my cholesterol went up some and I have wanted to lose some weight for years.
When I looked it up - that is the MINIMUM and you are supposed to have mostly vegetables! However, as I have tried I have almost stopped snacking and have lost a lot of my sweet tooth because veggies don't have as much sugar as fruit so they don't get your body all excited about the sugar. I eat at least one green veg. a day, and juice counts, I use V8.
i'll let you know, so far it feels good and if Teresa gets some fresh every few days and cooks them and they are in the fridge, they are a quick food.
Good luck.

Roger said...

I HAVE THE SOLUTION...


A blonde is terribly overweight, so her doctor puts her on a diet.

"I want you to eat regularly for two days, then skip a day, and repeat this procedure for two weeks. The next time I see you, you'll have lost at least five pounds."

When the blonde returns, she's lost nearly 20 pounds.

"Why, that's amazing!" the doctor says. "Did you follow my instructions?"

The blonde nods. "I'll tell you, though, I thought I was going to drop dead that third day."

"From hunger, you mean?" asked the doctor.

"No, from skipping."

Steve said...

Roger, you'll have to warn me before we jump back to 1985 with the blond jokes. I have to prepare myself mentally for them, start thinking like I'm 11 again.

Roger said...

Steve,
1. It was an "Eat less, exercise more" lesson. I am all about teaching.
2. I could have replaced "blonde" with any number of other descriptions. I am just too nice.

cognoramus said...

Steve,

I would have written sooner, but I've been in the field all week. Losing weight isn't easy, but look at the big picture: you're trying to make a lifestyle change overall, not just lose weight, so eating sensibly and exercising more aren't just for the weight loss, they're for quality of life. A lot of people obviously believe in you, so don't give up!

-Ski

Georgia P. Davis said...

hey there how has the life changes been going?? havent seen a new blog in a long time. hope all is well and that the holidays went wonderful